Brent Council's NQT Team provides a professional and coordinated 'Appropriate Body' service that supports the induction of NQTs in all schools and settings. The service provides guidance, advice and training relating to the induction process with quality assurance that is fully compliant with the Department for Education’s statutory requirements.
Our service comprise:
• A 'Welcome to Brent' autumn conference for NQTs and Understanding Induction' training for NQTs and 'Supporting Induction' sessions for tutors, in the autumn, spring and summer terms to explain the requirements, roles and expectations of statutory induction.
• A support programme of focussed network meetings/workshops for NQTs.
• Network meetings for meeting.
• A ‘named contact’ person with whom NQTs may raise concerns about their induction programme.
• An online registration service linked to the National College of Teaching and Leadership (NCTL) database that automatically checks the NQT's Qualified Teacher Status.
• Informing the NCTL about NQTs who have left part way through an induction period.
• Meeting with Heads and NQTs to determine if a reduced induction period applies.
• Monitoring progress throughout the induction period through scrutinising termly reports and (in the event of 'C' and 'D' graded performance) conducting observation of teaching and providing feedback and advice.
• Quality assuring schools’ and settings’ statutory arrangements for supporting, monitoring and assessing NQTs
• Support and advice for all involved in the induction process
• Making the final decision on whether an NQT’s performance against the relevant standards is satisfactory or an extension is required.
• Notifying NQTs, Headteachers, principals and the NCTL of decisions.
Details, information on services provided by the Wembley Stadium Learning Zone.
A workbook to aid in preparing for transition into secondary education.