This one day course is for practitioners working as safeguarding leads in early years settings. The course is included within Early Years packages. Settings who have purchased a package can include this half day course within their entitlement. Settings who have not purchased a package will be invoiced £80.00 for attendance (or non attendance without prior cancellation)
This course explores the role of the designated lead for safeguarding in early years settings. We will explore the safeguarding responsibilities outlined in the EYFS Guidance and share good practice in meeting Ofsted requirements. This will include the role of the lead in both early intervention and supporting practitioners and children when a safeguarding concern has been raised.
At the end of this session participants will have:
- An awareness of the roles and responsibilities of the Manager/Designated Person
- An opportunity for collaborative learning about good practice
- Considered thresholds for intervention along a continuum of need
- Refreshed knowledge of the child protection process for referral
- Considered their role and contribution to case conferences and core groups, and learnt about the Signs of Safety and family support frameworks used in Brent