A session for teaching assistants and other support staff working with pupils in KS2
No cost to schools that subscribed to the School Compliance and Governor training 2019-20 programme.
In this session, we will explore the complexities of reading comprehension and reflect on what we do as ‘good’ readers. We will explore a wide range of active reading strategies to help support our pupils to make sense of text and we will think about the different types of questions we ask to check pupil understanding. In the second part, we will consider our role in supporting pupils to write, from initial planning and writing their first draft to making improvements.
This session will be delivered via the Zoom online platform. Delegates will receive an invitation to the session by email from Emily Carr (Training Officer) containing a link. Clicking on the link will download the Zoom platform (if you do not already have this on your system) and take you into the meeting. To access the meeting you will need a device with internet access and a microphone. A built in camera and a headset with mouthpiece will enhance the training experience but are not essential. Please cancel your booking if you do not wish to participate online.
- To understand the complexities of reading comprehension
- To explore strategies and activities to develop pupils’ language comprehension
- To explore strategies to support pupils through the writing process
School Compliance and Governor Training Online Terms & Conditions Financial and technical terms and conditions
Copyright Clause: Delegates are not authorised to:-
- Courses that do not attract the minimum number of delegates will be cancelled a week before the start date.
- Where a course has to be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances (e.g. tutor unavailability, IT or any other technical issues, etc.) we will make every effort to inform delegates as soon as we can.
- If a delegate cannot attend they must cancel via the Best Brent site or email to Jasoda.firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the course start date to avoid being charged.
- Although all best efforts will be made, we are unable to guarantee the training will be free of technical issues, and cannot be responsible for the ability of any individual technical set-up and equipment of individual delegates to be able to access video, audio or slides. If in doubt please test your access and equipment before booking.
- copy, modify, reproduce, re-publish, sub-licence, sell, upload, broadcast, post, transmit or distribute any of the Course Materials without prior written permission;
- record on video or audio tape, relay by videophone or other means the Online Course or Taught Course given;
- use the Course Materials in the provision of any other course or training whether given by us or any third party trainer;
- remove any copyright or other notice on the Course Materials;
- modify, adapt, merge, translate, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer (save to the extent permitted by law) any software forming part of the Online Courses.
teaching assistants and support staff in KS2