For NQT Tutors/Mentors/Coordinators in all key stages who are new to the role or those who have not attended training since 2015.
No cost to schools/settings that purchase the Brent Council ABS 2018-19 for their NQTs.
If you are supporting an NQT who starts induction this term and are either new to the role or have not attended training in the last three years, this course is for you. Support and guidance from a designated tutor/mentor who holds QTS, has been appropriately trained and has the time and experience to carry out the role effectively, is a statutory requirement for the induction of Newly Qualified Teachers. This course will provide an overview of the statutory requirements for the induction of NQTs and will cover the following:
- roles and responsibilities
- registering your NQTs
- planning and developing their personalised induction programme
- supporting and monitoring NQTs
- tracking and recording their progress
- writing termly reports against the Teachers' Standards
- To help participants to be effective in their role
- To provide participants with the Brent LA Induction toolkit
- To ensure tutors/mentors understand the requirements for induction and are aware of their responsibilities