This course is designed to ensure that all employees are conscious of aspects of health and safety that can impact them, customers, contractors and any members of the public present in the workplace.
Employers have a responsibility to provide a place of work with safe and healthy conditions. It is also down to the employer to put the right systems and procedures in place to monitor the environment, record accidents as and when they happen, and put measures in place to ensure that hazards are reduced. Nevertheless, even the best systems in the world will not create a safe working environment if your employees do not have a thorough understanding of their own roles in monitoring and maintaining a safe place of work. properly, and is safe to eat.
This Level 2 course will cover:
- Why health and safety is important
- Prevention is better than cure – the principles of prevention
- Working with health and safety management systems
- The role of risk assessment in a working environment
- The responsibilities of employers and employees
- What the most common causes of illness and injury in workplaces are
- How each individual plays an equally important role in health and safety
- Working with dangerous equipment
THIS LEVEL TWO COURSE IS APPROPRIATE FOR WORKERS FROM A WIDE RANGE OF DISCIPLINES