A course for First Aiders - any school/setting - all key stages. No cost to schools that have bought the School Compliance and Governor training 2019-20 package. For workplaces with more than 25 employees: the Health & Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981 require employees to have an appropriately trained first-aider available to provide immediate help to anyone injured or taken ill at work.
Due to the social distancing measures in place this course will now be delivered as a blended learning package. The course has been divided into two phases with the theory phase delivered online and the physical phase delivered face-face at a later date once social distancing has been lifted. The trainer will send delegates work to complete; videos to watch; tests to answer and documents to read, to ensure all the topics of the training are understood. Delegates will be able to communicate with the trainer on a one to one basis via video chat, or direct messages and will be given feedback in the same way. Tasks will be sent on a weekly basis to complete at a time convenient for the delegate. Once all the online work has been completed and it is safe to commence with face to face training, a session of around 6 hours will be organised to cover the practical elements of the training and assessment in the Practical and Theory aspects of First Aid to the Health & Safety Executive Approved standard. Please wear appropriate attire to work at floor level. The final session of this course will be delivered in a classroom where delegates will be assessed The online theory will be delivered using the Google platforms of Gmail, Hangouts and particularly Classrooms, all of which can be accessed via anyone with a current Gmail account. If you do not have a current Gmail account, please use the below link to set one up: Link to Google Mail account set up: https://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/gmail/about/ The Google Mail account can be deactivated once the training has been completed. Please note - this course is a mandatory requirement by the Heath & Safety Legislation for Welfare Assistants, and anyone acting as a First-Aider in your organisation. It is a 'recommended' course for Education Visits Co-ordinators.
- To be able to treat heart attack, diabetes, epilepsy, smoke, gas and chemical inhalation
- To know how to deal with casualties, basic life support, burns, scalds and head injuries
- To know how to treat wounds, control bleeding, bone, joint and muscle injuries, crush injuries
- To raise awareness of the law and regulations and the importance of record keeping
School Compliance and Governor Training Online Terms & Conditions
delegates as soon as we can.
- Courses that do not attract the minimum number of delegates will be cancelled a week before the start date.
- Where a course has to be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances (e.g. tutor unavailability, IT or any other technical issues, etc.) we will make every effort to inform
technical set-up and equipment of individual delegates to be able to access video, audio or slides. If in doubt please test your access and equipment before booking. Copyright Clause: delegates are not authorised to:-
- If a delegate cannot attend they must cancel via the Best Brent site or email to Jasoda.firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the course start date to avoid being charged.
- Although all best efforts will be made, we are unable to guarantee the training will be free of technical issues, and cannot be responsible for the ability of any individual
Breach by delegates of this clause shall allow us to immediately terminate these terms and conditions with the delegate and cease to provide them with any services, including but not limited to access to our online courses.
- copy, modify, reproduce, re publish, sub licence, sell, upload, broadcast, post, transmit or distribute any of the course materials without prior written permission;
- record on video or audio tape, relay by videophone or other means the online course or taught course given'
- use the course materials in the provision of any other course or training whether given by us or any third party trainer;
- remove any copyright or other notice on the course materials;
- modify, adapt, merge, translate, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer (save to the extent permitted by law) any software forming part of the Online Courses.
A course for First Aiders - any school/setting - all key stages