For headteachers, staff involved in recruitment and governors in all key stages.
No cost to schools that have bought the School Compliance and Governor training 2019-20 package.
This course will now be delivered online over two sessions: 8 June (09:30 - 13:00) and 9 June (09:30 - 13:00)
Using the DfE authorised materials from the Lucy Faithfull Foundation, this session explores the background and context of safer recruitment, defines a safe recruitment process and considers a strategy for maintaining a culture of safeguarding in schools. The regulations continue to require one member of any recruitment panel to have undertaken safer recruitment training. The session includes an assessment element leading to an official, Ofsted recognised certificate.
Please note that delegates must attend the full course in order to receive the certificate. This course will now be delivered online via the Zoom platform over two sessions of 3.5 hours duration. Delegates who have booked a place will receive a Zoom invitation from Emily Carr a day before the session, containing a link. Clicking on the link will download the a temporary version of the Zoom platform (if you not already have this on your system) and will take you into the meeting. To access the meeting you will need a device with internet access and a microphone. A built in camera and a headset with mouthpiece will enhance the training experience but are not essential. Please *cancel* your booking if you do not wish to, or are unable, to participate online.
- Understand the importance of having safer recruitment procedures in place.
- Develop the skills needed to put safer recruitment processes in place.
- Promote a ‘best practice’ approach to safer recruitment within your organisation.
- Understand the principles of an ongoing culture of vigilance.
School Compliance and Governor Training Online Terms & Conditions Financial and technical terms and conditions
Copyright Clause: Delegates are not authorised to:-
- Courses that do not attract the minimum number of delegates will be cancelled a week before the start date.
- Where a course has to be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances (e.g. tutor unavailability, IT or any other technical issues, etc.) we will make every effort to inform delegates as soon as we can.
- If a delegate cannot attend they must cancel via the Best Brent site or email to Jasoda.email@example.com prior to the course start date to avoid being charged.
- Although all best efforts will be made, we are unable to guarantee the training will be free of technical issues, and cannot be responsible for the ability of any individual technical set-up and equipment of individual delegates to be able to access video, audio or slides. If in doubt please test your access and equipment before booking.
Breach by delegates of this clause shall allow us to immediately terminate these terms and conditions with the delegate and cease to provide them with any services, including but not limited to access to our online courses.
- copy, modify, reproduce, re-publish, sub-licence, sell, upload, broadcast, post, transmit or distribute any of the Course Materials without prior written permission;
- record on video or audio tape, relay by videophone or other means the Online Course or Taught Course given;
- use the Course Materials in the provision of any other course or training whether given by us or any third party trainer;
- remove any copyright or other notice on the Course Materials;
- modify, adapt, merge, translate, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer (save to the extent permitted by law) any software forming part of the Online Courses.
Headteachers and governors