A multi-layered approach to the core values and key competencies that underpin high quality teaching and learning
Woodfield Teaching School Alliance is proud to act as the NQT Induction Appropriate Body Service (ABS) for all maintained and non-maintained schools and colleges within or outside Brent. This year’s NQT Induction Programme is a combined programme between Oakington Manor Primary School and Woodfield School.
The WTSA will be providing a professional service, which will include the following:
• Register and monitor NQTs progress via on line database system “NQT Manager” - https://woodfield.nqtmanager.com - and report to the National College for Teaching and Leadership (NCTL)
• Statutory induction for NQTs
• Advice and guidance given where NQTs are at risk of failure and support provided where necessary
• Advice and guidance provided on the Induction of NQTs for Headteachers / Principals, Governors, Induction Tutors and NQTs
• A 'Getting Started' session and introduction to the Induction process for NQTs meeting Autumn/ Spring/ Summer
• Statutory training for Induction Tutors
• Effective Coaching and Mentoring training for Tutors and Mentors
• NQT Induction Information Pack and Handbook for NQTs, Induction Tutors, Headteachers and Governing Bodies
• Quality assurance of assessment forms, against the Teacher’s Standards
• Daily support for Headteachers /Principals and Induction Tutors
• Provide access to up to date guidance documents
All of the courses will run on Thursday afternoons.